Of the handful of questions I’ve been asked, “Where do you find that?” is the most common.
Usually it’s towards a part of my outfit that’s a unique statement piece. As for the other questions and DM’s, they’re really random. Like REALLLLY random or strange. So it def makes my day to get asked a reasonable question lol.
Where to find unique clothing to add to your wardrobe:
- Probably a given, but thrifting. Aside from paying next to nothing at some thrift stores, you can find really cool styles that aren’t currently sold in stores. Thrift stores don’t go by season like regular clothing stores. There’s also the eco friendly aspect. You’re helping save clothes from going to waste. At thrift stores I’ve found things from the velvet floral blazer in this post to cool t-shirts.
- Pay attention to where your favorite bloggers get their unique pieces. You can get that same piece of course, but chances are that store will carry others. One of my favorite bloggers wore a cute shirt from Morph8ne that looked so unique. When I looked into the brand, there was other stuff that was really cool too. I personally love Dollskill. They carry a lot of the brands that are unique and their sale section can save you. If you dig through Pretty Little Thing and Forever 21 you’ll find some unique stuff too! Bigger stores like that tend to carry a lot of designer look a likes. Designer clothes are some of the most unique out there.
- Look for smaller online shops and boutiques. Tunnel Vision and Killstar are really cool small brands that make unique clothes.
- If you’re careful, Shein and Ali Express are a gold mine. These kinds of stores get a bad rep because of misleading pictures, descriptions and confusing sizing. I’ve never tried others like Zaful and Romwe, but I can say my experience with Shein and Ali Express have been great. I am in no way saying all these types of stores are great. Some of them are scams. I have a post Here on what you can do to have a positive experiences buying from these stores.
- Online stores based in the UK have some really unique clothes. ASOS, Missguided, Topshop and Motel are my favorites. Maybe I just love British fashion, but I don’t find as much at bigger stores in the US (of course except for Forever 21). I will be completely honest and mention I’ve had mixed experiences with ordering straight from Missguided. The first time they sent me the wrong item and told me they would reimburse the costs to ship it back. They never refunded the shipping cost even after I told them the customer service associate I first spoke with said they would. Ok then…. You would think that would stop someone from ordering again lol. I decided to try again and the second time there wasn’t any problems. If you can find what you’re looking for through the Missguided selection ASOS or Nordstrom carries definitely do that instead to save trouble.
Dress | Forever 21
Shorts | Zara
Shoes | Vans
I hope this was helpful, now you also get an idea of all the stores I go through for my outfits. If you have any questions just ask in the comments, I’d love to hear from you 🙂
Also, is there anything in particular you guys would like me to post about or more of? Please let me know in the comments as well!