It’s getting reallllly hot where I live. Almost 90 degrees (Fahrenheit) + major humidity hot! I wish I was exaggerating. It’s hard to do anything without getting sweaty and miserable. Despite that, this temperature is the perfect time to wear off the shoulder tops. Specifically short sleeved ones (I personally wouldn’t want to cover up more than necessary lol).
Here’s a couple of my fave’s rn:
- boohoo It comes in red as well and is nice if you want a more conservative top.
- Garage I’m wearing it in my Ootd! There’s two other cute color options available.
- Nasty Gal This had been on my wishlist for a while now! The lace up is so pretty and would be perfect to wear to a music festival or the beach.
- Missguided The V neck gives this top a less casual look so it would be easy to dress up or down.
How To Style
- I’ll start with what I’m wearing (#2). Since this top is cropped but not that flowy I decided to wear a flouncy skirt to balance it out. I also paired tights, black creepers and lace socks (to add a cutesy touch since the top has a floral print).
- Long and loose fit tops like #1 look nice with shorts or jeggings. You could make a really cute western themed outfit (since it’s gingham print) like I did in my previous post. If you’re going for a more relaxed look, mom jeans and sneakers pair really well.
- Since #3 is fitted I would go for bottoms with a looser fit, especially to wear out. The lace up part is a little more on the revealing side than the other tops so balancing that out with a long maxi skirt would look really nice. The beach or a music fest are different stories. Aside from usually hot weather, you would want to be comfortable walking around all day. Shorts are great for that. Along with comfy sandals or combat boots. I’ve seen some people even wear rain boots.
- Lastly #4. This top is really similar to #3, but I feel it’s a lot more versatile. Casually, you could wear it with a denim skirt and platform sandals. To dress it up, a tulle skirt and pumps would make the perfect dressy date night outfit. Something about a midi tulle skirt just makes an outfit classy. If you really want a unique outfit, high waist tailored pants and heels can also dress it up.
If you’re just looking for something super simple, skinny fit jeans and flats or sneakers would look just fine! 🙂 Add your personal touch with accessories.
Are you going to be wearing off the shoulder tops this summer? How would you style it? Let me know in the comments!
Don’t forget to subscribe and check out my Instagram for ootd’s + more!